Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You Have Been the One for Me

What a GREAT day:) Started out early morning with a 10 min max distance handstand walk; ended up making it 100 yards. First time walking, I was pretty stoked with that; no matter how it compares to the rest of the world lol It's a victory for me. Closed out the morning session with some double under work; but that didn't go so well. Ended up landing on the cable and breaking one of the nuts that holds the handle on at the end. But after fixing it up,  I was good to go:)



Rested up and enjoyed the day off before making it back to the gym for numero Dos. Warmed up with more handstand walks and I seem to be getting much more comfortable with them. Worked deadlift and pulled a triple at 330. Feels good to be getting some strength back after the injury 2.5 years ago. Nowhere near my PR of 455x3, but one step closer than yesterday:) Also pulled a triple at 150 on Strict Shoulder Press, always loved that excercise:)


Did another "on the minute" today.


On the min for 10 min of: Row 110m.


First set I dicked up a bit and came in at :26, but my range went from :21 to :26, with the majority of my sets coming in at :22 or :23. Rowing kills me, but I'm getting better. Any guys out there with a remedy for NOT crushing your package? HAHA Not saying I'm packing a damn anaconda or anything but damn. I can't get a good rhythm going without endangering myself:0 LOL


Great day all in all; looking forward to a great night's sleep and a day of rest tomorrow:) Phew.



-John

No comments:

Post a Comment