Monday, September 12, 2011

...I am lost, I am vain; I will never be the same, without you...

Quick one today. Been starting and finishing each workout with 3x Max Double Unders; needless to say the numbers drop quite a bit from start to finish, but I'm putting up 20+ pretty easy at the beginning. Not bad for me, considering I have been off DU's for months now lol Just one more thing I need to work on :p Fucked around on the paralettes today doing handstands and what not. But on to the actual work.


Warmed up Back Squats thoroughly before doing 2 sets of 20 with 175, making sure to keep full ROM. These felt pretty good, legs are starting to come back more and more each day; but still a struggle physically :p lol I'm there mentally.


Moved on to a 15 Min AMRAP of 5 Ground to Overhead (185), 10 Pullups, 15 Pushups.


After working up to the 185, began the work load only to find out after 2 sets that the timer never went off. So my time may have been plus or minus a few seconds, started at 1324, ended at 1339. Only managed to pull off 3 full rounds and 1 extra Ground to Overhead. I knew the 185 was going to be a bitch for me, clean-wise, but I felt that I kept better form than normal all throughout the AMRAP. That was a victory to me. Getting 185 from shoulder to OH was no problem thankfully.


Finding out your weaknesses is always crucial in one's quest for self-improvement. Taking from today's workout, I realize that my main problem with the clean portion of the lift is getting my body to transistion fluidly throughout the entire range of motion. I compartmentalize the lift in an improper manner, but I can recognize that and now move forward. Soon as I get my Level One cert, I'm looking into an Oly Lifting cert; who's with me? :)


-John

No comments:

Post a Comment