Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cuz the Spotlight Aint Nothin Without Ya...

Damn that alarm clock hit me like a brick this morning. Shitty night of tossing and turning; only to be hit with the wonderful phone ring tones they have set for alarms. Really? Who makes these things? FML Oh well! Hit a quick shake and a banana before crawling back in bed for an extra hour. I caved... :( LOL I wish I could tell you that extra hour got me right, but I can't lie to you. Hell why would I lie to people I don't even know? Got to the gym and started warming up with some back squats...legs are shot after these past few days. Can't wait to get them back to where they were pre-surgery.

After warming up...

For time:
30 Back Squats @ BW(190 for now)
30 KB Swings @ 2 POOD

8:29-Squats were a real blower here. After almost 2 months off from legs that weight was more of a 10 rep; 30 straight was a far cry HAHA Soon enough. Getting much more proficient with the 2 POOD though, very happy with that. That 1.5 will feel like nothing when I switch up come Jan...

10 Min rest

Tabata Row-894 Meters

Shot for 1K; short by 106...self imposed 1 burpee per 1m shy of 1K. Great for monday seeing as I actually do love burpees. But timing it will make hell.

Glad to have pushed through this one. Could not get going the entire time, but just one of those times you remember that if you're not doing it, someone else will. Don't get me wrong, I'm more competitive with myself than anyone else. There will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be a superlative in everything in life and guess what? It aint you. And if it ever becomes you, work on beating yourself. Never give up and never give in. You are your biggest enemy, best training partner, best friend. Tap into your inner self and you will be a much better being. Work in the am before the sun rises, blow me :p Chat soon my friends.


-John

1 comment:

  1. I believe I am your first comment haha. I am glad you decided to go for the games. It's much easier to work hard when you have a competitive goal in mind. I have been sucking at the gym. I started doing p90x a month ago and I cannot stand it. So boring man. I just got back to the gym yesterday and I think I'm just gonna keep with that. Med school is ruining my maxes John.

    Most sincerely,

    Ol' fat cat

    ReplyDelete