Tuesday, October 11, 2011

M.I.A.

So I've been MIA for a while. Rest assured I've been putting in my work. Overcoming life's obstacles and taking time for myself. Time to reflect on where I am, and where I've been. How did I get here? It wasn't easy, and everyday is a struggle. Dragging myself out of bed somedays after the rough work of the night before. Overcome. You're capable of anything you put your mind to. I turned 22 yesterday and before my work even started, I was given my birthday gift from the gym. Squat @ BW for 50 straight reps. No half reps. ATG. I'm befuddled at those that half ass it on squats. Unless you have a serious injury, lighten the weight and drop into the hole. It's much more impressive to bottom out on 225 than to "hip-dip" with 405. You all know who you are. If you are one of those, no harm no foul. Clean it up and move on. I completed my 50, one after the next. Coming out of surgery end of July, and 2.5 years after a  blown lumbar, I'm very proud of how far I've come thus far. Much room to grow still. Finally got muscle-ups down today. Refinement work approaching in the coming months. I'm ahead of schedule for where I would like to be; not to get ahead of oneself however. Pulled 650x3 from the knee today, ripped half of my ring finger skin off in the process. Coming to grips witht the fact that I walk around bruised and battered on a daily basis is tough to swallow for most. But you'll never make anything doing it half-cocked. You really want it, you go all in. Overcome.



-John

No comments:

Post a Comment