Friday, October 14, 2011

Wrecked




What a damn rough couple of days! Got into the gym late Wednesday evening with a fire under my ass. Felt great. Blew through 15 rounds of 1 squat at 250, 1 bench at 225, 1 power clean at 225 AFAP. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, came to an even 10, 500 lbs total. Used weights I knew wouldn't slow me down and keep my heart rate up to get a bit of a metcon out of it. In warm-up for it I went for broke on cleans and as you can see, I failed on the 275! Slowly but surely, it will come:) Losing weight, while at the same time increasing my strength. It is indeed possible folks. Hardwork and dedication produce results, not some magic pill or needle. I couldn't bring myself to do the shit, but honestly, if you do it, good on ya. Doesn't change you in my opinion, just makes me have to work harder to keep up;) I'm no stranger to hard work though. I grew up the fat kid, the target of grade school jokes. So I know what it's like to be the underdog :p Nothing worth having ever came easy.


Did a 10-1 of Dips and 2 POOD KB swings today, each round being preceeded with a 20 yd Farmer's Carry with 2  150 lb DB's. At 185, that was 80%BW in each hand, that shit was a killer after the work that's been done this week. Oh well, anything under 150 and I can look at that as "easy" :) Thought about using the hex bar, but I figure the grip strength required to keep the DB's in line was worth it for today.  Would love a rest day tomorrow; but we'll see how that goes. Time to grub. Peace!


-John

No comments:

Post a Comment