Monday, November 28, 2011

You hate the fact that you bought the dream when they sold you one...

Before getting down to business, few things I would like to address. First of all, I hope we all had a safe and happy holiday. Many of us are thankful for various things; what is it that you were thankful for this time around? I'm thankful for the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum. So many people on this earth simply go with the flow. They refuse to change and do their own thing for fear of what others may think of them or the repercussions of their actions. Do whatever it is that makes YOU happy. Regardless of what others think. Love the life you're living. If you're not happy, step back and ask yourself what it is that could make you happy. Take steps towards bettering yourself. Investing in one's self is among the greatest of things you can do. Be it self enrichment courses, taking time out of your day to shut out the world and relax, etc. Do it! You belong to noone. Be your own boss for once. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

I'm also thankful for the people closest to me, the select few know who they are. You've put up with all of my bullshit over the years. My back and forth ideas on what I plan to do with my life, my personal battles, etc. I wouldn't know what to do without you ladies and gents. I truly care for a very select few, but you all comprise that list:)

I'm VERY thankful to have spent my holiday with my family and a select few others as well. Over the years I have lost family members, friends, even acquaintances; they will never get that time back. They will never again come together at the family gathering and share these memories. My heart goes out to everyone of you and your families. BIG shout to the troops that are fighting for our freedom so that we can live peacefully, away from the constant battles over yonder. Thank you KLE, mom, so much. I'm so proud of you for your sacrifices for this wonderful country. Even though you suffer now, and we suffer seeing you like this, I know you would want it no other way. Words can't begin to describe the love and respect I have for you. YOU are such a strong woman, and even though you probably will never read this, know that.

So it has been quite some time since I last updated on my training staus and what not :p And I appologize to the few that even take the time to read this thing! LOL First of all, I set up a youtube channel to track my WODs:http://www.youtube.com/user/jeworldgym?feature=mhee. Feel free to check it out, talk shit,critique, etc. I love feedback, regardless:) So...as of October 30, 2011...Crossfit Certified Level One! Greatest thing I have ever done solely for ME. This was a selfish purchase. However, I would like to take some time to work on "me." Work on bettering myself, not overthinking shit, letting the little things bother me. We all have our flaws, but should we let them define us? What defines us anyways? I fear few things, but among those few things, I fear myself. The self imposed limitations I have dealt with. No longer will you hear me say, "Oh, I'm not good at that." It's true, I may not be good at that, but fuck it I will get better at it. Promise:) And I prefer to be a man of my word, makes shit go much smoother. Went into my Crossfit cert and 2 week or so prior I had hit my first kipping muscleup. Walked out two days later and almost strung together 4 deadhang muscleups. The coaching I received there was spot on. I thank each and everyone one of you! Chuck, Maggie, Nicole, Mike, Andrea, Chriss, and you're gonna kill me, but I forgot the last coaches name... :/ You guys/gals rocked.

Been working in some new programming lately. Self designed for once LOL I'm going to try my hand at it, I can be quite creative. And I refuse to shy away from the tough stuff lol The 100 DB hang squat clean thrusters for time the other day(35 lb. DBs) were a bitch to say the least, weren't they JK? :) Not to mention the fact that we had to bust out 5 burpees on the top of each minute. What a mental grind, and on Thanksgiving day nonetheless LOL I don't know how you're holiday went, but I ate quite a bit. Quite, being an understatement. I love eating. Almost as much as the gym, almost. :)

Aside from switching up the programming, it's time to make some life changes. Time to break the chains that bind and do my own thing. I don't regret any decisions I've made thus far in life, but it's time to put forth more of an effort to make a name for myself. To better and improve upon the foundations with which I've built. I have found my calling, after many failed attempts. Now, how shall I get there?

-John

1 comment:

  1. A bitch indeed! I actually have a post in the works about that mess. For serious, thanks for making me do stuff I hate! :)

    ReplyDelete